PHP 7 beats Ruby, Python, Perl, etc in performance and features. PHP 7 has been here for several months. PHP 7 comes with some major performance enhancements. These performance enhancements has been adapted by the developers and going to boost th performance of web by itself. May you don’t know, the new definition of Web has been already relying on PHP.
So lets check what changed in PHP 7. The old version of PHP was 5.6. When PHP 5.7 is released, i was just amazed, how they improved the performance this much.
PHP 7.0.0 comes with a new version of the Zend Engine, numerous improvements and new features such as
- PHP 7 Performance twice or thrice as fast as PHP 5.6
- Consistent 64-bit support
- Removed old and unsupported SAPIs and extensions
- Many fatal errors converted to Exceptions
- Significantly reduced memory usage
- Zero cost asserts
- Return and Scalar Type Declarations
- Secure random number generator
- The null coalescing operator (??)
- Anonymous Classes
- Abstract Syntax Tree
- Improved Exception hierarchy